-->

Pronome “I” (EU) — Inglês Básico

Responsive Ad Here
Em nossa aula de inglês nós iremos observar como falar de si mesmo para outros nesse idioma.

I = the word used to talk about myself. I am Mr. G. I am a man. I am a nice man. I am smiling. [I = a palavra usada para falar de si mesmo. Eu sou Mr. G, eu sou um homem bom, eu estou sorrindo]

Am = a form of the verb “to be” used only with I. [Uma forma do verbo TO BE usada apenas com I]

(Note: In spoken English, “I” and “am” are often joined to form a “contraction” that looks like this in writing - “I'm” - and rhymes with words like “time” and “lime”.) [Nota: No inglês fala, “I” e “am” são normalmente contraídos nessa forma escrita - I'm - e soa como as palavras “time” e “lime”]

I am + adjective. An adjective tells who I am, what kind of person I am, what I look like, how I feel. [Um adjetivo descreve quem eu sou, que tipo de pessoa eu sou, como eu pareço, como eu me sinto.]
I am tall.
I am awake.
I am sleepy.
I am tired.
I am hungry.
I am dirty.
I am pretty.
I am English.
I am afraid.
I am short.
I am fat.
I am thin.
I am happy.
I am smart.
I am French.
I am young.
I am rich.
I am sick.
I am healthy.
I am single.
I am quiet.
I am Italian.
I am sad.
I am old.
I am angry.
I am poor.
I am clean.
I am noisy.
I am married.
I am American.
I am unemployed.
I am confused.
I am Iraqi.

I am + -ing verb. This sentence tells what I am doing at this moment. “I am writing this lesson now.” [Essa sentença diz o que estou dizendo nesse momento. Eu estou escrevendo essa lição agora]

I am eating.
I am sleeping.
I am working.
I am crying.
I am walking.
I am shopping.
I am driving.
I am babysitting.
I am watching tv.
I am writing.

I am + article + noun. Articles are little words that point out Nouns. They tell us that there will be a Noun ahead in the sentence. Articles are A, AN, THE. Nouns are words that name a person, a place, a thing, an idea, a feeling or an action. Any word we use to name something is a Noun. [Artigos são pequenas palavras que apontam para substantivos. Eles nos dizem que aparecerá um substantivo na frente da sentença. Os artigos são A, AN, THE. Substantivos são palavras que dão nome a uma pessoa, um lugar, uma ideia, um sentimento ou uma ação. Qualquer palavra que usamos para dar nome a alguma coisa é um substantivo.]

THE is used to point out a definite noun, the only one of its kind, a special one. [THE é usado para designar um substantivo definido, o único desse tipo, e especial.]

Example: “I am the driver”. In this group, I am the only one who can drive or who is responsible for driving. [Eu sou o motorista. Nesse grupo, eu sou o único que pode dirigir ou que é responsável por dirigir.]

Example: If I say “I am the doctor.”, I mean that I am the only doctor here on this case or in this situation. [Se eu digo eu sou um médico, eu quero dizer que eu sou o único médico aqui nesse caso ou nessa situação]

I am the teacher.
I am the boss.
I am the janitor.
I am the cook.
I am the driver.
I am the supervisor.
I am the mailman.
I am the doctor.
I am the president.
I am the owner.

A and AN are used with singular nouns. A and AN mean the same thing, but they are used in different situations. AN is used before words that begin with a Vowel sound (a, e, i, o, u) . A is used before words that begin with a consonant sound (all the other letters). This is to make it easier to pronounce the Article and the Noun together. A and AN refer to one of a group of similar things - not a special one or a particular one, just one of them. [A e AN são usados com substantivos singulares. A e AN significa a mesma coisa, mas eles são usados em situações diferentes. AN é usado antes de palavras que começam com vogais (a, e, i, o, u). A é usado antes de palavras que começam com consoante (todas as letras). Isso é para tornar fácil a pronúncia do artigo e substantivo juntos. A e AN se referem a um grupo de coisas similares - não um especial ou particular, apenas um deles.]

Example: “I am a driver.” There are other drivers; I am just one of them. [“Eu sou um motoristra.” Existem outros motoristas; eu sou apenas um deles.]

Example: If I say "I am a doctor.", I mean that I am not the only doctor; I am just one of them, a member of the medical profession. [Se eu digo eu sou um médico, eu quero dizer que eu não sou o único médico; sou apenas um dos médicos, um membro da profissão]

I am a salesman.
I am a boxer.
I am a gambler.
I am a mother.
I am a Muslim.
I am an organ-player.
I am an undertaker.
I am an ice skater.
I am an angel.
I am an elephant.

A, AN and THE must come before the noun they point out, but there can be other describing words between them and the Noun. Remember, use A before words beginning with a consonant (a boy, a dog) and AN before words beginning with a vowel (an ugly boy, an old dog). [A, AN e THE devem vir antes do substantivo que eles apontam, mas pode haver outras palavras entres eles e os substantivos. Lembre-se, use A antes das palavras começando com uma consoante (um garoto, um cão) e AN antes das palavras começando com um voagal (garoto feio, cão velho)]

I am the only doctor.
I am the school janitor.
I am the main man.
I am the boy's father.
I am a good doctor.
I am a careful janitor.
I am a tall man.
I am a young father.
I am an awful doctor.
I am an honest janitor.
I am an old man.
I am an angry father.

With these models, you can say just about anything you want about yourself. [Com esses modelos, você pode apenas dizer algo que voc6e quer sobre você mesmo]

I am + Adjective.
I am + Article + Noun.
I am + -ing Verb.

Exercise A: Use words from the box below to complete the following sentences. [Use as palavras abaixo para completar as seguintes sentenças]

good, carpenter, happy, mechanic, dirty, eating, singer, driver, single, married, horse, pizza, diving, funny, doctor, unemployed, tall, old, sick, honest, teacher, woman, battleship, choking, proud, cook, running, decent

1. I am ____________________________. 4. I am _____________________________.
2. I am ____________________________. 5. I am _____________________________.
3. I am ____________________________. 6. I am _____________________________.

Exercise B: Use words from the box above to complete the following sentences. [Use as palavras da caixa acima para completar as seguintes sentenças]

1. I am a ____________________________. 5. I am an _________________________________.
2. I am the _____________________________. 6. I am the _________________________________.
3. I am a ______________________________. 7. I am a ___________________________________.
4. I am an ______________________________. 8. I am the _________________________________.
Responsive Ad Here

Professor particular

Tenha aulas exclusivas, com professor particular por 25 reais hora/aula. Contato: edu.galvao.junior@gmail.com